About the Challenge
The Find Your Balance Challenge is now closed. Please check back in the fall to learn more about the 2013-2014 challenge!
The Find Your Balance Challenge is open to elementary school classrooms in grades K-5 and rewards student teams for taking steps toward achieving Energy Balance in your own school communities.
- Identify Energy Balance needs at your school from both sides of the Energy Balance scale (food and physical activity).
- Write a goal statement to help meet or address those needs.
- Create a simple action plan to help your students meet that goal.
- Engage your school's stakeholders in the process.
- Winning schools have a chance to win a Grand Prize including a $30,000 grant and an Ultimate Energy Balance Party. 2 Second-Place winning classes will each receive a $10,000 grant. 3 Third-Place schools will each receive a $5,000 grant.
- New this year! The teacher/mentor of the grand-prize winning team will receive a 5-night stay in a 2-bedroom suite at a CLUB WYNDHAM resort (retail value $230-$2,420). Visit Extraholidays.com/togethercounts to see all the exciting vacation destinations available!
Learn about last year's winner. Read case study. Watch video.